The field of the dental hygiene has documented evidence of ergonomic disorders that lead to work-related injury and disability. This webinar provides detailed information and instruction on how to implement protective instrumentation techniques and improved ergonomics to promote occupational health and career longevity.
- Learn about hands-on application of innovative reinforced periodontal scaling techniques.
- Learn how to incorporate both hands and arms for precision, power and prevention
- Learn about ideal postures around the patient chair to enhance scaling and prevent injury.
- Learn about Sharpen-Free technology instruments
- Learn about extraoral fulcrum rests that will provide efficiency while scaling.
- Identify harmful scaling habits that can lead to repetitive motion injuries.
- Apply skills learned from webinar and incorporate into clinical practice.
“Ergonomic Instruments for Optimal Scaling”; Diane Millar, RDH, MA
Inside Dentistry; April 2020 Issue, pg. 64.
Diane Millar, RDH, MA has been a dental hygienist since 1981. Her career has embraced working in private practice and teaching advanced instrumentation techniques at USC, Cerritos College and currently at West Coast University in Anaheim, California. She is an international speaker, published author, educator and clinician. Diane currently teaches at West Coast University and works in private practice in Newport Beach. In 2007, she became a published author of a dental hygiene manual entitled, Reinforced Periodontal instrumentation and Ergonomics for the Dental Care Provider. She is also a California Dental Board CE Provider. Her passion is to help dental hygienists learn about new innovative instrumentation techniques and ergonomics to enhance career longevity.