TheraCal PT is primarily indicated for:
- Pulpotomies: TheraCal PT may be placed after the partial or full removal of the coronal pulp. Approximately 12 – 15 pulpotomy applications.
And can also be used for:
- Pulp exposures (direct pulp capping): TheraCal PT may be placed directly on pulp exposures after hemostasis is obtained.
- Protective liner (indirect pulp capping) or base under a variety of substrates.
- The chemical formulation of TheraCal PT consists of synthetic Portland Cement calcium silicate particles in a hydrophilic matrix which facilitates calcium release
- TheraCal PT™ physical properties resist breakdown and degradation leading to a durable seal
- Alkaline pH: pH = 11.5 @ 7 days
- Moisture tolerant: Low water solubility
- Radiopacity: TheraCal PT is radiopaque (2.45mm) allowing for easy identification and differentiation from recurrent decay and other restorative materials
TheraCal PT Virtual
TheraCal PT Whiteboard Video
Pulpotomies. The Thera Way.
Product Talk: Advances in Pulpotomy Treatment
Dr.Mike DiTolla speaks with Dr. Theodore P. Croll about TheraCal PT.